Layout and header created byAuds
Tubes used by Suzanne Woolcott
Registration number: SW2311

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Losing sensation

Time to get personal, which I may or may not do too often depending on how I am feeling for the day and time. I see a neurologist pretty regurarly for about 3 years. See I get some of the worst migraines that I cant even begin to explain to you in words. He has been concerned because no matter what he does they just never seem to go away. I have pills and a stat dose injection. Which most times does no good but takes the pain away a tad.

He finally pin pointed a huge part of my problem. I have serious insomnia, which in turn kicks off the migraines. So he gave me a new med which literally helps me sleep. I actually had 2 weeks of no migraines and was going to call and let him know.

The night before I had a weird numb feeling in my left arm and wrist. You know that feeling you get when a part of your body has fallen asleep or has lost circulation? It felt like that. Well mine never has come back. The day I called I spoke to my family doc because now my pinky was numb, and so was my ring finger. He said call your neurologist.

I did, spoke to a nurse and said I have good news and I have bad news. I said the good news is I havent had a headache in 2 weeks. She said and the bad news. I said my family doc said I should call and I went on to explain why. She said she would let my doctor know and then call me back.

I spoke too soon on all counts. 2 days later I got 2 migraines. Now every finger but my thumb is numb in my left hand, and I am starting to lose sensation in the palm of my hand. She called me back monday and said Dr. Later wants to see you now not in 3 months. So I have to see him next week.

I dont really think Im concerned, just wondering if its an easy simple solution that can be answered and taken care of simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, they are always appreciated :0)